Also known as Windows System Administrators, Windows Administrators install, upgrade, and maintain Windows-based servers and systems. Their job is to monitor and maintain the company's system, manage user access, and maintain the security of the network.
When interviewing Windows Administrators, suitable candidates will have advanced knowledge of Windows server management, high-level coding skills, and in-depth knowledge of system security. Be wary of candidates with poor communication skills and those with limited back-end experience.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Windows Administrators:
1. What are the main advantages of running Windows-based systems and servers?
Reveals in-depth knowledge of Windows-based systems.
2. What techniques should you use to assess the stability, security, and scalability of a network?
Demonstrates system knowledge and highlights the candidate’s analytical skills.
3. What script languages are you most familiar with?
Highlights areas of expertise and reveals gaps in knowledge.
4. How would you ensure the security of a Windows-based network?
Reveals knowledge of information security systems.
5. What would you say is the most challenging part of being a Windows Administrator?
Highlights areas of focus and reveals potential gaps in knowledge.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources