A Websphere Administrator specializes in IMB Websphere technology used on business websites. Websphere Administrators troubleshoot and resolve issues, support Developers, and develop firewalls.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Websphere Administrator Job Description Template
We are looking for a Websphere Administrator to be responsible for providing support to business websites. The responsibilities of a Websphere Administrator include performing QA audits, developing firewalls, and troubleshooting problems.
To be successful as a Websphere Administrator, you should be highly organized, detail-oriented, and analytical. Ultimately, a top-notch Websphere Administrator should have superior troubleshooting skills, be able to work quickly and efficiently, and willing to work outside of office hours when necessary.
Websphere Administrator Responsibilities:
- Developing websphere cells, clusters, and nodes.
- Creating and testing applications.
- Developing firewalls and multi-tiered architectures.
- Testing and implementing upgrades and patches.
- Planning and performing QA audits.
- Configuring and testing production environments.
Websphere Administrator Requirements:
- Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Previous experience in a junior position.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server Technologies, Linux, and VMware.
- A good understanding of server hardware, networking, and network storage.
- Good organizational skills.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources