Websphere Administrator Job Description Template
We are looking for a WebSphere administrator to be responsible for providing support to business websites. The responsibilities of a WebSphere administrator include performing QA audits, developing firewalls, and troubleshooting problems.
To be successful as a WebSphere administrator, you should be highly organized, detail-oriented, and analytical. Ultimately, a top-notch WebSphere administrator should have superior troubleshooting skills, be able to work quickly and efficiently, and willing to work outside of office hours when necessary.
Websphere Administrator Responsibilities:
- Developing WebSphere cells, clusters, and nodes.
- Creating and testing applications.
- Developing firewalls and multi-tiered architectures.
- Testing and implementing upgrades and patches.
- Planning and performing QA audits.
- Configuring and testing production environments.
Websphere Administrator Requirements:
- Degree in information technology or related field.
- Previous experience in a junior position.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server Technologies, Linux, and VMware.
- A good understanding of server hardware, networking, and network storage.
- Good organizational skills.
- Superior problem-solving skills.