Also known as Senior Software Engineers, Senior Software Managers evaluate an organization's Information Technology needs and develop software solutions accordingly. Their duties include overseeing junior software developers, improving software performance, and ensuring the smooth integration of new software. They are also required to document processes.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Senior Software Manager Job Description Template
We are seeking a versatile Senior Software Manager to develop cutting-edge software solutions to optimize our business operations. In this role, your duties will include supervising Junior Software Developers, analyzing software performance and configuration systems, and managing the deployment and integration of new software. You will also be required to hire new Software Developers.
To ensure success as a Senior Software Manager, you should possess extensive experience as a Senior Software Manager and a mentor of Junior Software Developers. First-class Senior Software Managers drive software innovation at their companies.
Senior Software Manager Responsibilities:
- Consulting with management and Software Developers to determine software solution requirements.
- Evaluating software solutions and system performance, as well as supervising the software development team.
- Demonstrating patience and using effective explanations when mentoring Junior Software Developers.
- Managing the development, deployment, and integration of software solutions.
- Determining system specifications and analyzing test stage data prior to software installation.
- Managing the installation and configuration of software solutions.
- Collaborating with front end users on software functionality.
- Resolving software deployment and integration errors, and documenting processes.
- Performing routine maintenance and monitoring performance metrics.
- Keeping abreast of new software technologies, as well as conforming to best practices in cybersecurity.
Senior Software Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or similar.
- Master's Degree in a related field preferred.
- 5 years of experience in software development and team management.
- Ability to mentor Junior Software Developers, as well as to collaborate with all stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in developing, deploying, and integrating software solutions.
- Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Knowledge of best practices related to data encryption and cybersecurity.
- Ability to keep up with software industry trends and innovation.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources