Senior Software Developers are responsible for designing, testing, and implementing new and updated software programs. They take on a managerial role and lead the development team with all software development tasks. Their job is to ensure all projects are completed on time and to company specifications.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Senior Software Developer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced Senior Software Developer to head up our development team. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of new software systems. You may also be required to update existing software and conduct feasibility studies on company systems. While your role will be managerial in nature, you will also be expected to code applications, create reports, and mentor the junior developers.
To ensure success as a Senior Software Developer, you should have high-level managerial skills, in-depth knowledge of programming languages, and outstanding project management skills. Top-class Senior Software Developers know the skills and aptitude of junior staff and assign tasks accordingly.
Senior Software Developer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with Development Managers to discuss software projects.
- Conducting feasibility studies for upgraded software systems.
- Designing new software programs, websites, and applications.
- Assigning tasks to junior developers such as coding, testing, debugging, and analytics.
- Writing advanced programming code.
- Reviewing updated software systems.
- Managing project timelines and tasks.
- Writing development reports.
- Creating technical documents for new software programs.
- Training staff on software use.
Senior Software Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Previous experience as a Software Programmer.
- Managerial experience preferred.
- Knowledge of system frameworks including .NET, Git, AngluarJS, and GitHub.
- Experience creating and maintaining databases.
- Experience working with Agile development technologies.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources