Senior Sales Representatives drive company sales by continually identifying new sales opportunities and maintaining existing customer relationships. They lead less experienced Sales Representatives and develop sales pipelines to manage sales quotas.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Senior Sales Representative Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a customer-oriented Senior Sales Representative to increase sales and lead our team of Sales Representatives. The Senior Sales Representative’s responsibilities include setting up a sales pipeline to determine the effectiveness of personal sales strategies, keeping abreast of the latest industry trends, and providing excellent after-sales service to retain customers. You should also be able to identify unmet customer needs and recommend improvements to the product line accordingly.
To be successful as a Senior Sales Representative, you should be target-driven and adept at persuading customers to make purchases. Ultimately, a top-performing Senior Sales Representative should be able to communicate effectively with customers and sales employees as well as demonstrate exceptional organizational, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
Senior Sales Representative Responsibilities:
- Assisting less experienced Sales Representatives in answering technical questions posed by customers during outbound telephone calls.
- Providing support to less experienced Sales Representatives as needed.
- Identifying potential customers through networking initiatives, cold-calling, and email communications.
- Preparing and delivering sales presentations to potential and existing customers.
- Preparing regular sales reports as well as sales territory plans.
- Researching competitors’ products, pricing, and product success to determine customer preferences.
- Developing innovative sales strategies to achieve sales goals.
- Promptly submitting customers' purchase orders to the relevant department for processing.
- Resolving customer complaints in a timely and professional manner to maintain customer loyalty.
- Expanding industry knowledge by attending educational workshops and reading professional publications.
Senior Sales Representative Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Marketing, Communications, or related field is preferred.
- Certified Sales Professional (CSP) certification is advantageous.
- Proven sales experience.
- Proven track record of achieving sales quotas.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong negotiation and consultative sales skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources