Senior Sales Representative Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a customer-oriented senior sales representative to increase sales and lead our team of sales representatives. The senior sales representative’s responsibilities include setting up a sales pipeline to determine the effectiveness of personal sales strategies, keeping abreast of the latest industry trends, and providing excellent after-sales service to retain customers. You should also be able to identify unmet customer needs and recommend improvements to the product line accordingly.
To be successful as a senior sales representative, you should be target-driven and adept at persuading customers to make purchases. Ultimately, a top-performing senior sales representative should be able to communicate effectively with customers and sales employees as well as demonstrate exceptional organizational, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
Senior Sales Representative Responsibilities:
- Assisting less experienced Sales Representatives in answering technical questions posed by customers during outbound telephone calls.
- Providing support to less experienced Sales Representatives as needed.
- Identifying potential customers through networking initiatives, cold-calling, and email communications.
- Preparing and delivering sales presentations to potential and existing customers.
- Preparing regular sales reports as well as sales territory plans.
- Researching competitors’ products, pricing, and product success to determine customer preferences.
- Developing innovative sales strategies to achieve sales goals.
- Promptly submitting customers' purchase orders to the relevant department for processing.
- Resolving customer complaints in a timely and professional manner to maintain customer loyalty.
- Expanding industry knowledge by attending educational workshops and reading professional publications.
Senior Sales Representative Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business management, marketing, communications, or related field is preferred.
- Certified Sales Professional (CSP) certification is advantageous.
- Proven sales experience.
- Proven track record of achieving sales quotas.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong negotiation and consultative sales skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.