Search engine marketing (SEM) specialists ensure that a company's digital marketing campaigns and strategies are optimized for search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo. They conduct market research, analyze data and consumer trends, and implement SEM campaigns that maximize the clients' search returns and click-throughs.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Search Engine Marketing Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for a tech-savvy search engine marketing specialist to manage our PPC marketing campaigns. As an SEM specialist, you will be required to conduct and analyze keyword research, design and implement pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns, and measure paid advertising performance analytics.
To be a successful SEM specialist, you should possess a strong understanding of SEM and SEO techniques and excellent marketing skills. A top-notch SEM specialist should be able to accurately interpret keyword and ranking research and implement marketing campaigns that maximize the company's ROI for paid advertising.
Search Engine Marketing Specialist Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the design, writing, and marketing teams to ideate and define advertising requirements.
- Conduct market research on keywords, consumer trends, and competing brands.
- Analyzing and interpreting research and analytic data to inform the marketing strategy.
- Designing and developing online marketing campaigns to maximize search engine returns and website traffic.
- Implementing PPC advertising campaigns and SEO best practices.
- Monitoring SEM analytics such as redirects, click rates, and customer acquisition rates.
- Managing and adjusting PPC budgets to ensure maximum ROI for paid adverts.
- Coordinating with the designers and writers to ensure that all content is aligned with SEO best practices.
- Generating performance reports and analytics for presentation and review.
- Keeping up to date with the latest advancements in search trends, PPC strategies, and SEO best practices.
Search Engine Marketing Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or similar.
- A minimum of two years of experience as an SEM specialist or similar.
- Proficiency with analytics and PPC platforms such as Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and Facebook Business Manager.
- Strong understanding of SEO and SEM techniques and best practices.
- Experience with a variety of search engines including Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
- Experience with a variety of content management systems such as WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla.
- Exceptional research and analytic skills.
- Excellent computer skills with programs such as MS Office and Google Suite.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources