An SEO Specialist, or Search Engine Optimization Specialist, updates or creates content for websites to include effective keywords that will bring more traffic to the site. The SEO Specialist also researches keyword trends to stay up to date with industry innovations.
When interviewing SEO Specialists, the ideal candidate should be eager to learn more about SEO and the latest tools for SEO. Be wary of candidates who have poor communication and analytical skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for SEO Specialists:
1. Which metrics do you use to measure the success or failure of a project?
Look for candidates that are proficient in different web analytics software. Candidates should also demonstrate their expertise in analyzing data.
2. Describe a time when you used your skills as an SEO Specialist to improve the usability of a digital asset. How did you do it?
Shows experience and the ability to implement UI and UX best practices and principles.
3. How do you plan and prioritize your work?
Demonstrates if the candidate is organized and will be able to meet deadlines.
4. How would you suggest content improvements to senior managers or well-known authors?
Tests the candidate's communication skills.
5. What do you like about our current content? How would you improve it?
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources