Scrum Masters manage product and software development teams as a servant leader. They ensure that teams follow Agile practices and Scrum framework values, work to increase team efficiency, and provide motivation and guidance for process improvement.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Scrum Master Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master to oversee and guide scrum teams. The Scrum Master's responsibilities include ensuring that development teams follow scrum framework values and agile practices, mentoring and motivating the teams to improve processes, facilitating meetings and decision-making processes, and eliminating team impediments.
To be successful as a Scrum Master, you should have a firm grasp of agile practices and the ability to effectively manage and mentor development teams. An outstanding Scrum Master should have excellent interpersonal, project management, and problem-solving skills.
Scrum Master Responsibilities:
- Using agile methodology values, principles, and practices to plan, manage, and deliver solutions.
- Training, mentoring and supporting scrum teams to follow agile values, principles, and practices.
- Determining and managing tasks, issues, risks, and action items.
- Scheduling and facilitating scrum events, meetings, and decision-making processes.
- Monitoring progress and performance and helping teams to make improvements.
- Planning and organizing demos and product/system testing.
- Ensuring the proper use of collaborative processes and removing impediments for the scrum team.
- Tracking project processes, deliverables, and financials.
- Preparing and presenting status reports to stakeholders.
Scrum Master Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a relevant field preferred.
- Certified Scrum Master, SAFe preferred.
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master or in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of agile methodology, techniques, and frameworks, such as Scrum or Kanban, to deliver solutions.
- Leadership and management experience.
- Excellent people and project management skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources