Sales Advisors facilitate sales transactions by advising customers on suitable products that best meet their needs and encourage purchases. They explain product features and benefits to customers, assist them in locating specified products on the sales floor, and process customer payments.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Sales Advisor Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an outgoing and customer-oriented Sales Advisor to drive sales and ensure that customers have a pleasant shopping experience. The Sales Advisor’s responsibilities include greeting customers upon their arrival, offering assistance, taking inventory of store products, and bagging customers' purchases. You should also be able to identify customers' needs and recommend store products accordingly.
To be successful as a Sales Advisor, you should be courteous to all customers and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Ultimately, an outstanding Sales Advisor should demonstrate exemplary communication and consultative sales skills as well as achieve excellent customer service at all times.
Sales Advisor Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that product shelves are well-arranged and adequately stocked with products.
- Handling all discounts, price changes, and customer returns accordingly.
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of store products to provide suitable recommendations to customers as needed.
- Assisting customers in locating requested store products.
- Operating the cash register and processing sales transactions.
- Performing basic housekeeping duties to ensure that the cashpoint, sales floor, and storeroom are well-maintained.
- Addressing customer concerns and inquiries as well as resolving customer complaints.
- Answering telephone calls in a courteous and professional manner.
- Unloading and unpacking store deliveries as well as attaching price tags to all store products.
Sales Advisor Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven experience working as a Sales Advisor.
- The ability to operate a cash register.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and consultative sales skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources