Retail Assistant Managers work under the supervision of Retail Managers in stores, assisting with advertising, monitoring inventory and supervising sales clerks.
Retail Assistant Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized Retail Assistant Manager to work in our store under the guidance of our Retail Manager. The Retail Assistant Manager is responsible for keeping track of inventory, preparing sales reports and monitoring sales staff to ensure that customers receive a high quality of service.
To be successful as a Retail Assistant Manager, you must be able to multitask. A good Retail Assistant Manager aims to meet sales targets by motivating staff and attending to customer complaints.
Retail Assistant Manager Responsibilities:
- Hire and train new employees.
- Supervise sales clerks to ensure that customers are helped.
- Work with the manager to create advertisements for products.
- Keep track of inventory.
- Motivate staff during busy shifts.
- Listen to customers' complaints and assist them, when needed.
Retail Assistant Manager Requirements:
- A degree in business management.
- Prior experience in retail management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate staff.
- Flexible work hours.
- Basic math skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources