Researcher Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a dependable researcher to work on various company projects. The researcher's duties include aligning methodologies with research goals, using a range of tools to acquire information and interpret data, writing up reports and presenting findings and schedules to management and other stakeholders, identifying trends and patterns, conducting fieldwork and tests when required, as well as protecting databases and confidential information. You should be able to deliver presentations and communicate effectively at all levels.
To be successful as a researcher, you should be resourceful, and demonstrate excellent time management and patience. Outstanding researchers are passionate about their subject matter and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Interpreting research specifications and developing a work plan that satisfies requirements.
- Conducting desktop research, and using books, journal articles, newspaper sources, questionnaires, surveys, polls, and interviews to gather data.
- Analyzing and interpreting patterns and trends.
- Recording findings by taking written notes and using appropriate software.
- Maintaining and protecting electronic databases.
- Assisting management with budget and time schedules.
- Anticipating research issues and promptly resolving them.
- Promptly reporting any problems to the relevant stakeholders.
- Following a strict code of ethics and protecting any confidential information at all times.
- Writing proposals and delivering presentations when required.
- A bachelor's degree in research or similar.
- Master's degree preferable.
- Proven experience in a research field.
- Sound understanding of research methodologies.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Strong statistical and mathematical aptitude.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Practical experience in database management.
- Attention to detail and exceptional written, verbal, and telephonic communication skills.