Research Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking for an analytical and detail-oriented research analyst to assist in improving the operations and decision-making of our business. The research analyst's responsibilities include researching, collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data, and using the data to guide the business's decision-making. A research analyst should be prepared to work in various sectors, such as marketing, business operations, and finance.
To be a successful research analyst, you should have excellent mathematical, critical thinking, and communication skills. You should be flexible and able to work independently or in a team.
Research Analyst Responsibilities:
- Analyzing past operations' results and performing variance analyses.
- Identifying and analyzing trends and forecasts and recommending improvements to the business processes.
- Researching market trends, conducting surveys, analyzing data from competitors, and analyzing the business's operations, expenditures, and customer retention to identify patterns of potential issues or improvements.
- Using data analysis and interpretations to guide the decision-making of the business.
- Using operations data to develop pricing models and identify areas for improvement.
- Using statistical, economic, and data modeling techniques and tools.
- Organizing and analyzing data, creating charts and graphs, and presenting your findings to the leadership team.
- Providing recommendations to improve future business operations.
- Organizing and storing data for future research projects.
- Testing processes, policies, and protocols for efficiency and improvements.
Research Analyst Requirements:
- A bachelor's or associate's degree in economics, finance, statistics, computer science, or related field.
- Experience in applied research or data management may be advantageous.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and data modeling skills.
- The ability to manipulate large, complex data sets into manageable, understandable reports.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and team-working skills.
- Familiarity with data modeling software and Excel software.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.