Interview Questions for Equity Research Associates:
1. What methods do you use in your stock valuation?
Look for candidates that use industry-standard and common stock valuation methods when making investment judgments.
2. What ratios do you use to analyze a company?
Look for candidates that demonstrate knowledge of the different ratios. Candidates should also demonstrate analytical skills.
3. Which industries have you researched and analyzed in your work history?
Look for candidates that have worked across a broad range of industries including industries your organization is interested in.
4. How do you deal with conflict around which stocks to invest in?
Look for candidates that demonstrate strong communication and negotiating skills.
5. Tell me about an investment you recommended but didn't yield desired results, what did you learn from it?
Look for candidates that demonstrate extensive work experience. Candidates should also demonstrate an ability to improve their skills and knowledge and learn from past mistakes.