Market Research Analysts are marketing specialists who help determine an organization’s position in the marketplace in order to effectively promote their products and services. They research competitors and their marketing methods, and study and gather consumer information.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Market Research Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a Market Research Analyst with outstanding organizational and research skills. Market Research Analysts are expected to be focused individuals with a strong proficiency in math and sound business acumen.
To ensure success, Market Research Analysts should be exceptional communicators and intuitively recognize patterns with a keen interest in providing purposeful and accurate insight into consumer behavior and competitors’ strategies. Top candidates will exhibit critical thinking skills, strong IT skills and a thorough attention to detail.
Market Research Analyst Responsibilities:
- Monitor and forecast marketing and sales trends.
- Assist in the development of marketing plans.
- Conduct research on specific market conditions.
- Analyze consumer preferences to determine the potential sales of a product or service.
- Analyze prices, methods of marketing and distribution.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing programs and strategies.
- Devise and evaluate methods for data collection.
- Gather data on consumers, competitors and market conditions.
- Use statistical software to analyze and interpret data.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Simplify complex data into a user-friendly format such as graphs, charts and other visual aids.
Prepare and present reports to clients and management.
Market Research Analyst Requirements:
Bachelors degree in Market Research or related (essential).
- Two years of experience in market research and analysis.
- Analytical thinker with strong theoretical and research proficiencies.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret competitor strategies and consumer behavior.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing programs and strategies.
- Ability to gather large amounts of data and convert it into meaningful analysis.
- Solid organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong proficiency in math, web analytics and business research tools.
- Brilliant written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to simplify complex information into a user-friendly format.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, databases and statistical packages.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources