Market Research Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a market research analyst with outstanding organizational and research skills. Market research analysts are expected to be focused individuals with a strong proficiency in math and sound business acumen.
To ensure success, market research analysts should be exceptional communicators and intuitively recognize patterns with a keen interest in providing purposeful and accurate insight into consumer behavior and competitors’ strategies. Top candidates will exhibit critical thinking skills, strong IT skills, and thorough attention to detail.
Market Research Analyst Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and forecasting marketing and sales trends.
- Assisting in the development of marketing plans.
- Conducting research on specific market conditions.
- Analyzing consumer preferences to determine the potential sales of a product or service.
- Analyzing prices, methods of marketing, and distribution.
- Measuring the effectiveness of marketing programs and strategies.
- Devising and evaluating methods for data collection.
- Gathering data on consumers, competitors, and market conditions.
- Using statistical software to analyze and interpret data.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Simplifying complex data into a user-friendly format, such as graphs, charts, and other visual aids.
- Preparing and presenting reports to clients and management.
Market Research Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in market research or related (essential).
- Two years of experience in market research and analysis.
- Analytical thinker with strong theoretical and research proficiencies.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret competitor strategies and consumer behavior.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing programs and strategies.
- Ability to gather large amounts of data and convert it into meaningful analysis.
- Solid organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong proficiency in math, web analytics, and business research tools.
- Brilliant written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to simplify complex information into a user-friendly format.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, databases, and statistical packages.