Analysts use numerical data and computer systems to identify trends, develop business insights, and help companies optimize processes, reduce costs, and create business strategies. These professionals may specialize in a certain aspect of business and their titles may vary to reflect their focus.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking for an insightful, detail-oriented Analyst to work with our internal departments and management team as they collect and review data and use findings to optimize processes and develop stronger, more effective business strategies. The Analyst will use creativity and technical skills to locate data sources, mine, review, validate, protect, and store data, identify trends, patterns, and anomalies, and use findings to develop strategies to reduce costs, improve processes and practices, and increase efficiency, quality, security, and consistency. You will also create reports and presentations and summarize complex information.
To be a successful Analyst, you should be focused on translating complex numerical data into actionable strategies. You should be analytical, collaborative, communicative, and detail-oriented.
- Collecting and analyzing raw data to identify trends, patterns, anomalies, and other helpful information.
- Using data to develop and optimize strategies and processes, increase profits, efficiency, quality, or security, and reduce costs.
- Working with internal departments to collect data and develop and implement strategies.
- Identifying and validating new data sources.
- Creating reports and presentations to summarize findings and influence company decisions.
- Working with the management team to establish project objectives, budgets, and timelines, monitor progress, and evaluate performance.
- Implementing policies and procedures that keep company data and information secure as it is collected, analyzed, stored, and discarded.
- Reviewing and improving analytics processes, methods, and tools to increase efficiency, accuracy, and security.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- More education, certifications, or other distinctions are a plus.
- Experience or specialization may be required.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and analytics software, mastery of certain programming languages may be required.
- Ability to recognize patterns and trends in large data sets and use numerical information to develop business strategies.
- Strong math, organization, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional presentation, research, and verbal and written communication.
- Ability to summarize and explain complex information to other.