Research consultants perform and conduct studies on topics in their specialized fields. They gather and analyze source materials, design research programs, perform in-depth research, and create reports on their findings. They can also supervise other research work as well as advise on research projects to ensure that quality standards and deadlines are met.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Research Consultant Job Description Template
We are searching for a research consultant to assist and advise our company with research tasks and projects. In this role, you will be required to plan and implement research for our organization as well as ensure that the best research methodologies, design, and practices are adhered to.
To ensure success as a research consultant, you should be highly skilled at planning and conducting qualitative and quantitative research tasks. A top-notch research consultant will have a demonstrable track record of successful research projects to their name as well as a wide array of research skills and strategies to apply to the tasks given by the organization.
Research Consultant Responsibilities:
- Developing research and studies for the company.
- Selecting appropriate data and literary sources for research purposes.
- Designing questionnaires and research sub-tasks.
- Conducting experiments, survey sessions, and data collection.
- Analyzing and organizing gathered information.
- Managing and overseeing research done by other researchers.
- Drafting and finalizing research reports for presentation.
- Identifying key areas of concern and areas of improvement in research design and implementation.
- Discussing findings with other researchers and members of the organization.
- Presenting your work in written and verbal form to different stakeholders.
Research Consultant Requirements:
- A minimum of a master's degree in your area of research specialization.
- Three years' experience as a researcher or study leader.
- Demonstrable research skills such as data analytics, statistics, or survey design.
- Impeccable writing and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in research design, research report writing, and source analysis.
- A thorough knowledge of research procedures and best practices.
- Team-working and communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research independently.
- Knowledge of research and experimental techniques for gathering both qualitative and quantitative data.
- A history of published articles, studies, or research work.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources