Rehabilitation Counselors are healthcare specialists who evaluate and develop appropriate rehabilitation strategies for people living with physical and mental disabilities. They ensure that rehabilitation plans are monitored over time, and that patients born with debilitating disorders, or those who acquire them, can realize their full potential.
When interviewing Rehabilitation Counselors, look for suitably qualified candidates with demonstrable rehabilitation counseling experience. Be wary of those who cannot make accurate evaluations of clients, and those who lack experience creating individualized treatment plans.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Rehabilitation Counselors:
1. What experience do you have that makes you a suitable Rehabilitation Counselor?
Evaluates the candidate's in-depth knowledge of the role and suitability for the position.
2. How would you treat a patient with severe social anxiety?
Tests the candidate's treatment approach and clinical intervention skills.
3. What has been your greatest accomplishment as a Rehabilitation Counselor?
Reveals the candidate's expertise and practical experience.
4. How would you counsel the family members of someone living with severe autism?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge of the challenges faced by a patient's family and friends.
5. Can you elaborate on your experience with negotiating workers' compensation?
Highlights the candidate's knowledge of the rights of those who have lost jobs due to debilitating conditions.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources