Receiving Clerk Job Description Template
We are looking for a receiving clerk to accept and process deliveries. The receiving clerk's responsibilities include verifying delivered items, unloading trucks, ensuring items are stored correctly, and processing returns.
To be successful as a receiving clerk you should be able to inspect deliveries with great attention to detail and be in good physical condition to lift and move heavy items. Ultimately, a top receiving clerk should be able to ensure efficient receiving processes and promptly resolve any problems or discrepancies.
Receiving Clerk Responsibilities:
- Comparing purchase orders with invoices and packaging lists.
- Inspecting deliveries to ensure they match order and invoice criteria.
- Receiving and signing for deliveries.
- Unloading deliveries from trucks.
- Processing returns for incorrect or unsatisfactory items.
- Organizing and storing received items in appropriate areas.
- Updating inventory with received items.
- Communicating with vendors regarding delays or problems.
- Maintaining records of orders, delivery details, etc.
Receiving Clerk Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Previous warehouse experience.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Good understanding of warehouse safety regulations
- Physical dexterity and experience operating forklifts.
- Computer skills and knowledge of data entry and inventory software programs.
- Basic math skills.