A Material Handler is in charge of storing, moving, and managing hazardous or non-hazardous materials. Also referred to as Warehouse Associates, their work includes moving stock, documenting deliveries, and monitoring supplies. They don’t need formal education but do require on-the-job training.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Material Handler Job Description Template:
We are looking for a self-motivated and professional Material Handler to join our warehouse department. If you are a hardworking individual who can complete tasks successfully with little to no supervision, then we are interested in you. In this position, you will be responsible for tracking warehouse stock, documenting orders, and storing merchandise.
In addition to having excellent written and verbal communication skills, our ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate outstanding physical fitness. You will also possess in-depth knowledge of various warehouse machinery and equipment such as cranes, forklifts, and booms.
- Load and unload inventory from loading docks, delivery trucks, storage areas, and production areas.
- Ensure all incoming delivery matches the company purchase order.
- Store cargo in assigned locations using cargo boards and pallets.
- Manage inventory by identifying, cataloging, and recording the location of inventory.
- Record the number of units handled and moved every day using production sheets.
- Operate various machinery including booms, cameras, cranes, and forklifts to handle materials and inventory.
- Analyze pick sheets based on clients orders and pull the appropriate products for each order.
- Track supply levels and regularly submit purchasing recommendations.
- Contact vendors for pick-ups or returns.
- Comply with all safety and health regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role.
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) forklift certification is an advantage.
- Excellent physical fitness with the ability to lift up to a maximum of 100 pounds.
- Availability to work overtime including weekends, public holidays, and evenings.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources