Warehouse Supervisors oversee and coordinate daily warehouse activities such as receiving and storing goods, managing inventory levels, ensuring the efficient delivery of goods, supervising staff, and securing the warehouse.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Warehouse Supervisor Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor to manage and oversee all warehouse activities, ensure efficient processes, and maximize warehouse productivity. The Warehouse Supervisor's responsibilities include supervising employees, coordinating logistical processes, ensuring the quality of goods, and preparing relevant documentation.
To be successful as a Warehouse Supervisor you should be experienced in optimizing warehousing processes and be an effective team leader. An outstanding Warehouse Supervisor should be dependable and have excellent organizational and time management skills.
Warehouse Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Supervising warehouse staff and daily activities.
- Managing, evaluating and reporting on warehouse productivity.
- Tracking and coordinating the receipt, storage, and timely delivery of goods and materials.
- Ordering supplies and maintaining suitable inventory levels.
- Checking orders, bills, items received, inventory, and deliveries for accuracy.
- Maintaining records, reporting relevant information, and preparing any necessary documentation.
- Ensuring basic maintenance standards and compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Performing a daily inspection of the warehouse grounds.
- Coordinating and maintaining fleets and equipment.
- Communicating and coordinating with other departments and customers.
Warehouse Supervisor Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Degree in business, management, logistics or a related field preferred.
- Previous experience as a warehouse supervisor or a similar management position.
- Strong working knowledge of warehouse operations and management.
- Time management skills and the ability to delegate.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data entry software.
- Problem-solving skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources