Real estate paralegals provide paralegal support to real estate lawyers, realtors, corporations, and banks. They prepare closing checklists for property sales, review purchase offers, and analyze title documents. They may also provide clients with updates on property leases, purchases, or sales.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Real Estate Paralegal Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented real estate paralegal to assist our lawyers. You will be preparing real estate documents and contracts, reviewing purchase offers, and liaising with landlords and property managers.
To ensure success as a real estate paralegal, you should demonstrate solid knowledge of real estate proceedings and experience in a similar role. An outstanding real estate paralegal will be someone whose expertise contributes to the timely finalization of real estate transactions.
Real Estate Paralegal Responsibilities:
- Assessing and preparing contracts, lease agreements, and closing documents.
- Reviewing financing options, lending requirements, title affidavits, and bankruptcy claims.
- Facilitating communication between property owners, landlords, clients, and lawyers.
- Conducting research and distributing real estate documents.
- Analyzing title documents and legal descriptions of property.
- Documenting processes, as well as maintaining hard copy files and electronic records.
- Answering client questions and escalating serious concerns.
- Keeping clients informed of progress made with real estate applications.
- Submitting accurate legal documents in a timely manner.
Real Estate Paralegal Requirements:
- Associate's degree in paralegal studies, or similar.
- Post-Bachelor's degree paralegal certification with a real estate focus preferred.
- A minimum of two years' experience as a real estate paralegal.
- Extensive knowledge of real estate documents, contracts, applications, and submissions.
- Competency in legal project management software, such as Amberlo and Accelo.
- Superb organizational, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication abilities.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources