Interview Questions for Purchasing Managers:
1. How do you deal with delayed or incomplete deliveries?
Reveals work experience, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
2. Can you describe your experience in managing a purchasing team?
Shows work experience, management, and leadership skills.
3. How do you work to improve purchasing processes and activities?
Demonstrates the ability to monitor and evaluate processes and activities, apply critical thought, identify areas for improvement, and implement strategic changes.
4. What type of purchasing systems have you worked with and which would you recommend?
Shows the candidate's experience and knowledge of purchasing systems.
5. How do you resolve disagreements with suppliers?
Reveals the ability to foster strong business relationships, tactfully negotiate matters, and resolve issues.