Public Defenders are defense attorneys appointed by a court to represent criminally accused individuals who do not have the means to hire legal counsel.
The most suitable candidate will demonstrate extensive knowledge of the criminal justice system and the ability to work efficiently under pressure. Be wary of candidates with poor presentation and interpersonal skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Public Defenders:
1. Why do you want to be a Public Defender?
Shows the candidate's motivation for and commitment to being a Public Defender.
2. A client admits to you that he committed a violent crime and confesses that he would do it again. How do you handle the situation?
Reveals the candidate's commitment to ethical obligations and emotional resilience.
3. How do you prepare a bail application in this state?
Reveals the candidate's knowledge of criminal law and legal procedures.
4. How do you handle high caseloads and difficult clients?
Shows the candidate's ability to handle stress.
5. What would you do if a judge is clearly biased against your client?
Demonstrates the candidate's ethics and professionalism.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources