Lawyer Interview Questions
1. Tell me about a situation where you failed. Why did you fail and how did you learn from it?
This tests the candidate’s ability to recognize mistakes and improve future judgment.
2. Describe an ethical situation that you had to deal with. How did the situation develop?
This illustrates the candidate’s interest in upholding the law.
3. What would you do if you were assigned a case that you were morally opposed to?
This tests the candidate’s ability to reconcile inner conflict in difficult circumstances.
4. Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty. What was the outcome?
This illustrates the candidate’s willingness to add value to the client by going the extra mile.
5. How would you feel about defending an individual who admits his guilt to you and wishes to plead “not guilty?”
This illustrates the candidate’s ability to protect his client’s rights legally.