Attorneys provide clients, which may be private citizens or businesses, with legal advice and may represent them in civil or criminal trials. These legal experts may also be known as Lawyers.
Attorney Job Description Template
We are looking for a motivated Attorney with exceptional negotiation, research, and communication skills. The Attorney will develop relationships with clients as they establish legal needs, provide counsel, help them understand their legal options, and represent them in court and negotiations. You will also conduct research, prepare legal documents, and perform other duties to ensure that clients receive the best and most cost-effective legal solutions.
To succeed as an Attorney, you should be knowledgeable, attentive, and proactive. You should also be an excellent communicator, negotiator, public speaker, and problem solver.
- Communicating with clients to learn about their legal needs and concerns and providing them with advice.
- Developing strategies to resolve cases favorably and cost-effectively for clients.
- Explaining legal options to clients and bringing possible outcomes or threats to their attention.
- Building relationships with clients based on trust.
- Developing arguments and representing clients in criminal and civil legal proceedings.
- Preparing legal documents, such as contracts, dispositions, and pleadings, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Staying informed about current legislation, especially concerning legal specialties.
- Finding ethical solutions to legal matters.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Juris Doctor degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
- Admission to the bar in the state in which you intend to practice.
- Experience or expertise in a specific branch of law may be preferred.
- Commitment to abiding by local, state, and federal laws and behaving ethically.
- Ability to work independently or with a team of attorneys to develop the case strategies.
- Strong critical thinking, interpersonal, public speaking skills.
- Ability to negotiate, research, and communicate verbally and in writing effectively.
- Adaptability and attention to detail.