Attorneys, or Lawyers, are legal experts who advise clients and represent them in civil or criminal trials. Successful applicants will be skilled communicators, researchers, and public speakers. Avoid disorganized or inattentive candidates.
Interview Questions for Attorneys
1. Describe the attorney-client relationship. How do you begin building rapport?
Demonstrates interpersonal skills.
2. What was your most creative successful argument in a case? How did you come up with it?
Demonstrates research and problem-solving skills.
3. How do you explain legal options and set expectations for clients?
Shows communication skills.
4. Tell about a time when you felt blindsided in a negotiation or case. What did you respond? What did you learn?
Reveals more about candidate’s ability to adapt and learn from mistakes.
5. How do you deal with coworkers or clients who don’t like you?
Shows ability work under pressure.