Lawyers, also known as Attorneys, are certified professionals who advise and represent natural and juristic persons in legal matters. They counsel clients, perform legal research, prepare legal documents and represent clients in criminal and civil court proceedings.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
## Lawyer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a Lawyer with brilliant research and analytical skills. Lawyers are expected to display sound judgment and decision-making with outstanding problem-solving and communication skills.
To ensure success, Lawyers should be determined, professional and well informed with a keen interest in upholding the law while protecting a client’s rights. Top candidates will display natural leadership qualities with fantastic interpersonal, written and public speaking skills.
- Monitor legal risk in documentation and giving guidance on the acceptable assumption of risk.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for natural and juristic persons.
- Conduct legal research and gather evidence.
- Ensure that appropriate approvals are in place before documents are executed.
- Explain the law and give legal advice.
- Offer legal representation at arbitration or mediation hearings.
- Draft, review and manage wills, trusts, estates, contracts and deeds.
- Manage regulatory and compliance related services.
- Facilitate innovative solutions to client problems.
- Offer legal representation to clients in court proceedings on civil or criminal matters.
- Manage and oversee paralegals and legal assistants.
- Prepare pleadings, notices and make appearances in court.
- Bachelors degree in Law (essential).
- Admitted Attorney of at least two years standing.
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and reviewing legal documents.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Natural leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills.