Criminal Lawyers (or Criminal Defense Lawyers) defend individuals in criminal cases and seek to gain their freedom or obtain plea agreements. When interviewing candidates, look for applicants who display strong critical thinking and proven experience in criminal defense strategy. Avoid those who lack drive and ambition.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Criminal Lawyers
1. Tell us about your background and experience in criminal law?
Reveals candidate’s training and work history.
2. Can you tell us about a time when you won a particularly challenging case? Why do you think you succeeded?
Demonstrates candidate’s ability to strategize effectively, think analytically, and solve problems.
3. Have you ever dealt with a client who was dismissive and unwilling to cooperate? How did you resolve the issue?
Tests interpersonal skills and patience when dealing with clients.
4. Can you describe a time when you successfully negotiated a plea deal for a client?
Tests job knowledge and negotiation skills.
5. Can you tell us about your preparation and methods when taking on a case?
Demonstrates work style, job knowledge, and ability to plan effectively.