Interview Questions for Criminal Lawyers
1. Tell us about your background and experience in criminal law?
Reveals candidate’s training and work history.
2. Can you tell us about a time when you won a particularly challenging case? Why do you think you succeeded?
Demonstrates a candidate’s ability to strategize effectively, think analytically, and solve problems.
3. Have you ever dealt with a client who was dismissive and unwilling to cooperate? How did you resolve the issue?
Tests interpersonal skills and patience when dealing with clients.
4. Can you describe a time when you successfully negotiated a plea deal for a client?
Tests job knowledge and negotiation skills.
5. Can you tell us about your preparation and methods when taking on a case?
Demonstrates work style, job knowledge, and ability to plan effectively.