Process technicians monitor and improve manufacturing processes. While their specific duties vary depending on the industry, they are generally responsible for monitoring and adjusting machine parameters, testing batch quality, and reporting equipment malfunctions.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Process Technician Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced process technician to oversee our manufacturing processes. As a process technician, you will be working on the factory floor where you will monitor processes, test batch quality, maintain equipment logbooks, ensure the area is clean, and report any machine faults to your supervisor.
To ensure success, you should have keen observation skills, experience with industrial equipment design, and the ability to stand for long periods. Ultimately, a top-class process technician is able to identify faults and suggest manufacturing improvements to increase production throughput.
Process Technician Responsibilities:
- Identifying and monitoring production machine parameters.
- Monitoring and testing product/batch quality.
- Ensuring production processes run smoothly and efficiently.
- Identifying machine faults and production rate errors.
- Maintaining production logbooks.
- Reporting faults and breakdowns to supervisors and production engineers.
- Maintaining a clean and safe production area.
- Ensuring all service personal adhere to safety protocols.
- Identifying areas of production that can be improved or increased.
Process Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering preferred.
- 3+ years' experience as a process technician.
- Excellent analytical and observational skills.
- Sound knowlege of industrial machines and mechanical processes.
- Advanced report-writing skills.
- Ability to work shifts and possibly nights.
- Comfortable working in a noisy environment.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources