Print designers specialize in the creation of visual designs for printing such as brochures, labels, business cards, and a range of other marketing materials. They conceptualize designs, prepare mockups, and create the final designs for printing. They also ensure that the dimensions and technical specifications are suitable for printing.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Print Designer Job Description Template
We are looking for a creative print designer to ideate and execute print designs for a variety of applications. As a print designer, you will collaborate with the creative team, create digital graphic design mockups. and oversee the final printing process.
To ensure success as a print designer, you should have a good understanding of color calibration and technical printing standards. A skilled print designer should have a keen eye for detail and be able to create designs for a variety of printed mediums.
Print Designer Responsibilities:
- Collaborating and brainstorming with the creative team to define design briefs and requirements.
- Researching concepts, designs, reference material, and similar work.
- Rendering and presenting design mockups for revision and feedback.
- Implementing feedback revision and creating final designs for printing.
- Reviewing and proofreading designs to ensure that copy, layout, and dimensions are print-ready.
- Overseeing the printing process to ensure color quality and consistency.
- Managing the timelines and workflow of print design projects.
- Communicating updates, feedback, and issues with the clients, managers, and the creative team.
- Maintaining the brand's consistency across all designs and printed materials.
- Keeping up to date with the latest design trends, techniques, and printing standards.
Print Designer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual arts, or related field.
- A minimum of two years' experience as a print designer or a similar role.
- A strong portfolio of print design work.
- Proficiency in design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Good knowledge of print standards such as G7, GRACoL, and SWOP.
- Experience in producing a range of printed materials including catalogs, textile prints, and magazine designs.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- The ability to manage multiple design projects and perform under pressure.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to learn new design software and techniques.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources