Print designers create visual graphics for printed materials in the creative and advertising industries. They plan the layout and create the digital design for printing on a variety of materials including paper, plastic, and fabric. They also ensure that the colors and dimensions are correctly calibrated according to print standards in the industry.
When interviewing print designers, strong candidates will have a substantial portfolio of work and a keen eye for detail. Avoid candidates who lack precision in their work or are unable to collaborate with other designers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Print Designers:
1. What design software have you worked with before?
Assesses the candidate's work experience and technical abilities.
2. How would you manage multiple concurrent design projects?
Explores the candidate's organizational and time management skills.
3. How do you ensure that digital colors will match the printed designs?
Tests the candidate's technical knowledge and experience.
4. What was the most challenging design project that you managed?
Reveals more of the candidate's experience and problem-solving abilities.
5. How would you tell a client that their design would not translate well in print?
Evaluates the candidate's interpersonal and communication skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources