A Picker selects merchandise from shelves and prepares items for shipping. Pickers are found in warehouses, distribution centers and production facilities. Also known as Picker Packer, Order Picker or Warehouse Picker.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Picker Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an energetic Picker to assist us in preparing orders for shipping. The Picker will utilize requisitions and order sheets to pick a wide variety of items, place and arrange items in containers and bins following specific instructions, and arrange containers on pallets. The Picker will check containers for damage, and confirm correct items and quantities are selected. You will perform duties in accordance with standard operating instructions, and ensure inbound and outbound shipments are correct and defect-free. You will operate a forklift, maintain equipment and perform basic maintenance, conduct physical inventories and report quality variances.
To ensure success in this position you will need to perform to a high level of accuracy. Top candidates will be upstanding, organized and able to perform under pressure.
- Ensuring work areas are kept clean, neat and well-organized.
- Packing incoming stock away, taking inventory and reporting shortages.
- Keeping records of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Picking orders as requested by management.
- Sealing and tagging containers, confirming accuracy of orders and signing pick tickets to confirm.
- Ensuring correct shipping information is attached and moving completed orders to shipping area.
- Placing containers on pallets, and securing with stretch wrap, shrink wrap and strapping.
- Loading and unloading trucks by using totes, jacks and forklifts.
- Complying with OSHA and other safety regulations.
- Assisting in maintaining security of warehouse.
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 1+ years work experience in a similar role.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse range of people.
- Proficient with using tools required for this position.
- Physically agile and dexterous.
- Proficient organizational skills.