A Physician works with patients to diagnose and treat a wide variety of common health problems, illnesses, disorders, and injuries. A Physician is also known as a Medical Doctor.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Physician Job Description Template
We are looking for a compassionate Physician to provide primary care for patients suffering from injuries and common illnesses. The Physician's responsibilities include diagnosing and treating injuries, illnesses, and disorders, prescribing medications, making recommendations on lifestyle changes, and answering patients' questions. A Physician may work in one or more areas of specialization, such as Anesthesiology, Family and General Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Pediatrics.
To be a successful Physician, you should be kind and compassionate towards your patients, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You should be knowledgeable, detail oriented, and have good problem-solving skills.
- Examining patients, taking medical histories, addressing patients' concerns, and answering patients' questions.
- Diagnosing and treating injuries, illnesses, and disorders.
- Ordering, performing, and interpreting diagnostic tests and explaining the results to patients.
- Counseling patients on diet, hygiene, preventative healthcare, and other lifestyle changes.
- Updating patients' charts and information to reflect current findings and treatments.
- Recommending and designing treatment plans.
- Prescribing medications or therapies.
- Explaining medical procedures to patients.
- Consulting with other physicians, referring patients to specialists when necessary, and working with other healthcare staff, such as nurses, assistants, and other physicians.
- Complying with medical laws (for example, HIPAA).
- A Medical Degree and the successful completion of a residency and internship.
- A state license and certification to practice medicine.
- Knowledge and experience in diagnosing and treating a wide variety of illnesses.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good leadership, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Dexterity and detail oriented abilities.
- Patience and compassion.
- The ability and willingness to stay up to date on advancements, innovations, and developments in the field.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources