Doctor Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a doctor with outstanding medical knowledge and excellent counseling skills. Doctors are expected to be compassionate, have attentive listening skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with a genuine concern for patients and a passion to be of service and heal people.
To ensure success, doctors should have fantastic organizational and time management skills, the ability to make effective decisions, and an innate ability to manage change. Top candidates will have the willingness and ability to handle uncertainty and conflicting demands while remaining calm under pressure.
- Responding to patients’ medical problems by referring to their history, carrying out diagnosis, treatment, counseling, and referral, where necessary.
- Ordering lab tests and interpreting the test results.
- Maintaining confidentiality and impartiality at all times.
- Collecting, recording, and maintaining sensitive patient information such as examination results, medical history, and reports.
- Performing minor surgeries.
- Explaining procedures or prescribed treatments to patients.
- Liaising with medical professionals in the community and hospitals.
- Promoting health education in conjunction with other health professionals.
- Meeting targets set by the government for specified treatments, e.g. child immunization.
- Discussing and evaluating new pharmaceutical products with pharmaceutical representatives.
- Keeping up-to-date with medical developments, treatment, and medication.
- Teaching at hospitals and medical schools, and observing and assessing the work of trainee doctors and medical students.
- Degree in medicine (essential).
- 5 years of residency training (essential).
- Current state medical license and Federal DEA license (essential).
- Completed U.S. Medical Licensing Examination (essential).
- 3 years of experience practicing as a primary care doctor.
- Fantastic counseling and listening skills.
- Superb organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills and communication.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Compassionate nature with the ability to make patients feel at ease.
- Great management and leadership skills.