Photographer Assistants, also known as Assistant Photographers, help professional Photographers plan, set up, and complete photoshoots in studios and at external locations. Their job is to carry and set up the equipment, assist with lighting, and ensure that the shoot runs smoothly.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Photographer Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking for a passionate Photographer Assistant to aid our team of professional Photographers. In this role, you will be responsible for helping our Photographers plan, setup, and execute photoshoots at various locations. You may also be required to interact with customers, edit photos, and distribute completed photo projects.
To ensure success as a Photographer Assistant, you should have a passion for photography, and in-depth knowledge of lighting and editing techniques. A top-class Photographer Assistant handles the small details of a shoot, allowing the principal Photographer to capture the perfect shot.
Photographer Assistant Responsibilities:
- Booking customer appointments and setting up meet-and-greets.
- Scouting potential photoshoot locations and venues.
- Organizing location permits, and securing the location.
- Setting up the studio for each shoot.
- Organizing, unpacking, and setting up camera and lighting equipment at external locations.
- Interacting with customers and assisting with positioning during the shoot.
- Taking instructions from the principal Photographer.
- Assisting with lighting and camera work.
- Taking payments and keeping in contact with customers.
- Editing and distributing photos to clients by post or via online distribution portals.
Photographer Assistant Requirements:
- Diploma in Photography or similar qualification.
- Previous experience working as a Photographer Assistant may be required.
- Naturally creative with a good eye for color and style.
- Familiarity with professional cameras and lighting equipment.
- Ability work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
- Detailed knowledge of modern photography techniques.
- Ability to work after hours when needed.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Proficient with photo editing software including Adobe Photoshop, PaintShop Pro, Gimp, Adobe Illustrator, and CorelDRAW.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources