Photographers capture images or videos for clients in a studio, on location, or at an event. The photographer prepares the studio by setting up lights and props, and typically performs some editing after a photoshoot.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Photographer Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized and creative photographer to work with clients to understand their needs. The photographer's responsibilities include seeking out appropriate locations for photoshoots, preparing the studio for each client, purchasing necessary props, and keeping abreast of the latest photo editing software.
To be successful as a photographer, you must have excellent interpersonal skills and a keen eye for detail. A great photographer knows how to balance artistic integrity with the demands of the client.
- Meet with clients prior to photoshoots to gauge their needs and expectations.
- Purchase props needed for photoshoots.
- Prepare the studio for photoshoots by setting up necessary lights and ensuring that the space is clean.
- Find appropriate locations for shoots that are held outside of the studio.
- Prepare necessary release forms for events.
- Remain up to date with the latest editing software.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop.
- Completion of a course in digital photography.
- Portfolio of work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage a schedule.
- Prior work experience at a studio preferred.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources