Payroll Clerks perform duties associated with the payroll process that include the maintenance of employee data, gathering timesheets, computing wages, and processing paychecks.
The most suitable candidate will have good math skills and demonstrate strong attention to detail. Be wary of candidates with weak organizational skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Payroll Clerks:
1. Which payroll systems are you familiar with?
Reveals the candidate's training and work experience.
2. What employee information is typically collected to add a new employee to payroll?
Reveals the candidate's specific knowledge of payroll processing.
3. How do you avoid errors in your work?
Demonstrates the candidate's attention to detail.
4. Can you describe how you would deliver bad news to an employee?
Illustrates the candidate's interpersonal and communication skills.
5. How do you overcome common payroll errors?
Reveals the candidate's work experience and problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources