The Accounts Payable Clerk keeps track of a company’s bills, ensures that charges are correct, and issues a payment before the due date. Successful candidates will attentive, organized, and thorough. Avoid candidates who lack accounting or computer skills.
Interview Questions for Accounts Payable Clerks
1. Describe a time when you resolved a discrepancy. How did you discover the problem? How did you resolve it?
Tests research skills.
2. How have you used software in the accounting? Which applications have you worked with?
Demonstrates computer skills.
3. You discover that the company has a delinquent account. How do you fix it?
Tests problem solving skills.
4. What is more important in this position, accuracy or efficiency? Why? How do you balance the two?
Demonstrates how candidate approaches the job.
5. What documents do you expect to work with in this role? How have you worked with them in the past?
Tests job knowledge.