Interview Questions for Accounts Payable Clerks:
1. Describe a time when you resolved a discrepancy. How did you discover the problem? How did you resolve it?
Tests research skills.
2. How have you used software in accounting? Which applications have you worked with?
Demonstrates computer skills.
3. You discover that the company has a delinquent account. How do you fix it?
Tests problem-solving skills.
4. What is more important in this position, accuracy, or efficiency? Why? How do you balance the two?
Demonstrates how the candidate approaches the job.
5. What documents do you expect to work on within this role? How have you worked with them in the past?
Tests job knowledge.