Payroll Clerks are responsible for all tasks relating to payroll processing such as collecting employees' timesheets and payroll data, calculating wages, issuing statements, detailing earnings, and preparing paychecks.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Payroll Clerk Job Description Template
We are looking for an efficient Payroll Clerk to be responsible for all tasks involved in processing payroll. The Payroll Clerk has a range of duties that include collecting timesheets, calculating wages, and ensuring employees receive their pay on time.
To be successful as a Payroll Clerk you should be able to carry out all tasks with high attention to detail. Ultimately, a top-notch Payroll Clerk should be highly organized and possess excellent math skills.
Payroll Clerk Responsibilities:
- Collecting and verifying time sheets.
- Entering employee information and payroll data into the system.
- Answering employees' questions and concerns regarding payroll.
- Calculating payable hours, commissions, bonuses, taxes, and deductions.
- Processing new employees, promotions, and terminations.
- Issuing statements detailing earnings and deductions.
- Issuing and delivering paychecks to employees.
- Investigating and resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Maintaining and updating payroll records.
- Preparing periodic payroll reports.
Payroll Clerk Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Degree in accounting or related field preferred.
- Previous experience in a payroll department.
- Knowledge of payroll software is beneficial.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good math and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Team player.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources