Patient Transporter Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated patient transporter to join our hospital staff. Your primary responsibility is to move patients from their rooms to various locations within the hospital. Along the way, you should ensure they are comfortable and provide them with friendly companionship.
To be successful in this role, you should have good physical stamina and excellent time-management skills. Top candidates will also be great communicators who can uplift patients with their presence.
Patient Transporter Responsibilities:
- Assisting patients or lifting patients into wheelchairs or stretchers.
- Transporting patients to various locations in the hospital for medical procedures.
- Offering support, encouragement, and solace to patients.
- Ensuring patients are comfortable and safe during transit.
- Monitoring the scheduling system for transport requests and completing them promptly.
- Delivering laboratory specimens, medical equipment, supplies, and mail.
- Complying with health, safety, and sanitation regulations.
- Maintaining accurate daily logs.
- Providing information and directions to patients and visitors.
Patient Transporter Requirements:
- High school diploma preferred.
- CPR certification.
- Previous experience in a hospital setting is favorable.
- Excellent emotional intelligence and communication.
- Reliable time-management and punctuality.
- Good physical fitness.