Patient Care Technicians provide direct and indirect health care to patients by ensuring the cleanliness of their rooms, assisting with medical treatments and basic daily needs, monitoring their health, and performing basic nursing procedures.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Patient Care Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for a qualified Patient Care Technician to assist patients with their basic daily needs and cooperate with their medical health team to provide excellent medical care. The Patient Care Technician's responsibilities include ensuring clean living conditions, assisting with medical treatments, monitoring patients' health, and providing companionship.
To be successful as a Patient Care Technician you should have a compassionate nature and be able to provide patients with a supportive environment and professional medical care. Ultimately, a top-notch Patient Care Technician should be able to ensure their patients' well-being.
Patient Care Technician Responsibilities:
- Keeping patient rooms clean and organized.
- Monitoring patient health and measuring vital signs.
- Maintaining accurate patient records.
- Assisting the healthcare team with administering treatments.
- Collecting liquid samples or specimens for testing.
- Performing basic nursing procedures such as administering medications.
- Reporting any changes in patients' conditions to a registered nurse or physician.
- Providing emotional support and assisting patients with basic needs such as dietary intake, grooming, and personal hygiene.
- Maintaining close communication with the patient's healthcare team.
- Assisting with the educating of patients' relatives regarding the required care.
Patient Care Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED required.
- CNA certification.
- Experience working in patient care.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Working knowledge of patient care practice, methods, and regulations.
- Strong patient relation skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources