Nurse Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for a compassionate nurse technician to work under the guidance of a registered nurse in our healthcare facility. The nurse technician works closely with patients to provide personal care with tasks such as preparing meals, bathing patients, and dressing them.
To be successful as a nurse technician you must have a passion for helping patients. A good nurse technician is patient, empathetic, and has the ability to manage several tasks that need to be completed daily.
Nurse Technician Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the patients' basic hygiene needs are met by bathing, shaving, and dressing them.
- Help patients use the bathroom.
- Prepare meals and feed patients.
- Assist patients with mobility problems by lifting or moving them, or pushing their wheelchair.
- Change the bedsheets for patients.
- Monitor patients' recovery or general wellbeing and report findings to the registered nurse.
- Prepare patients for examinations or procedures.
- Ensure that the patient's environment is clean.
Nurse Technician Requirements:
- A high school qualification or equivalent.
- Certification as a medical tech.
- Certified Nursing Assistant training.
- Compassion for patients.
- Physical strength to lift patients.
- Excellent communication skills.