Patient Account Representatives work for various medical facilities and medical billing firms where they perform all billing-related tasks. They collect and process patient payments, verify medical insurance coverage, inform patients of overdue balances, and review patient accounts.
When interviewing Patient Account Representatives, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate efficiency, attention to detail, and excellent problem-solving skills. Be wary of candidates who have low energy, ineffective communication skills, and poor customer service skills.
Interview Questions for Patient Account Representatives:
1. Why should you review patient accounts on a regular basis?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, analytical skills, and experience.
2. What would you do if a patient refused to settle his or her medical bills despite numerous telephone calls and emails requesting payment?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, problem-solving skills, and experience.
3. What should you take into account when creating payment plans for patients?
Demonstrates the candidate's analytical skills and expertise.
4. How would you handle an irate patient who had been incorrectly billed?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication and customer service skills.
5. What steps should a Patient Account Representative take to prevent billing errors?
Demonstrates the candidate's attention to detail, organizational skills, and experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources