Operations supervisors work within various departments of an organization, in a variety of industries, to monitor the department's operations, supervise its employees, and improve its efficacy. They track key performance indicators and ensure compliance with operational policies and procedures.
When interviewing operations supervisors, look for candidates who demonstrate previous experience as an operations supervisor and with implementing operational processes. Be wary of candidates who lack strong leadership and project management skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Operations Supervisors:
1. What would you say is the primary role of an operations supervisor?
Demonstrates the candidate's understanding of the role and how they will act in the role.
2. How would you motivate an employee who is struggling to complete their work?
Illustrates the candidate's leadership style and their motivational skills.
3. Describe a time you implemented an operational process. How effective was it?
Demonstrates the candidate's previous work experience and their analytical and critical thinking skills.
4. What factors are most important to you when evaluating employee performance?
Indicates the candidate's performance standards and how they will monitor employee performance.
5. What are your go-to data processing and statistical software?
Shows the candidate's knowledge of and experience with some of the essential software for the role.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources