A COO, or Chief Operations Officer, oversees a company’s business operations and reports to the CEO. A COO ensures the company has effective operational and financial procedures in place. Also known as Director of Operations, Operations Director or Chief Operating Officer.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
COO Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a visionary COO to oversee our company’s operational processes, and to ensure superb customer experience. The COO will optimize our company's operating capabilities, employ strategies to maximize customer satisfaction and manage marketing initiatives. The COO will assist in compiling the company's budget, and employ strategies to safeguard assets and stock. You will compile financial reports, and control financial policies and procedures. You will team up with management to implement business strategies.
To ensure success you should have a clear understanding of our company’s core values and culture. Top candidates will be exemplary leaders, have superb business acumen and have sound understanding of business strategies.
- Working together with key participants to compile the budget.
- Spearheading strategies to steer the company’s future in a positive direction.
- Driving the company’s operating capabilities to surpass customer satisfaction and retention, and company goals.
- Controlling company costs, and introducing tactical initiatives to address theft and other losses.
- Monitoring invoices, money handling procedures, accounting and bank processes.
- Preparing timely and accurate financial performance reports.
- Overseeing marketing initiatives and implementing better business practices.
- Delegating responsibilities to ensure staff members grow as capable participants.
- Employing various initiatives to coach employees to optimize their capabilities.
- Completing performance reviews in a prudent manner.
- Assessing and implementing improved processes and new technologies, and collaborating with management regarding the implementation of these improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration.
- Five years experience managing a complex enterprise's human resources, finances, operations and strategies.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance in a previous complex enterprise.
- Proven track record of managing complex budgets successfully.
- Demonstrated experience of ethical leadership.
- Outstanding verbal and written skills, and experience working with staff on all levels.
- Ability to make business projections three years into the future.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources