CEOs are the highest-ranking executive at a company. They make major corporate decisions, manage the company's overall resources and operations, and communicate with the board of directors, management team, and corporate operations.
CEO Job Description Template
We are seeking an experienced CEO to manage day-to-day operations of our company. The right candidate must be ready to build and model a great company culture, provide inspired leadership to our executive team, establish a great working relationship with the board of directors and set a course for company strategy.
- Provide inspired leadership company wide.
- Make high-level decisions about policy and strategy.
- Report to the board of directors and keep them informed.
- Develop and implement operational policies and a strategic plan.
- Act as the primary spokesperson for the company.
- Develop the company’s culture and overall company vision.
- Help with recruiting new staff members when necessary.
- Create an environment that promotes great performance and positive morale.
- Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
- Work with senior stakeholders, chief financial officer, chief information officer, and other executives.
- Assure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Work with the executive board to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long term goals.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Over see day-to-day operation of the company.
- Work closely with the human resource department to ensure great hiring.
- Bachelor’s degree or master degree in a relevant discipline or MBA.
- Experience in a senior management position.
- Knowledge of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce.
- Understanding of human resources and personnel management.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
Post a CEO job ad to 100+ free job boards with one submission