CEOs are the highest-ranking executive at a company. They make major corporate decisions, manage the company's overall resources and operations, and communicate with the board of directors, management team, and corporate operations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
CEO Job Description Template
We are seeking an experienced CEO to manage day-to-day operations of our company. The right candidate must be ready to build and model a great company culture, provide inspired leadership to our executive team, establish a great working relationship with the board of directors and set a course for company strategy.
- Provide inspired leadership company wide.
- Make high-level decisions about policy and strategy.
- Report to the board of directors and keep them informed.
- Develop and implement operational policies and a strategic plan.
- Act as the primary spokesperson for the company.
- Develop the company’s culture and overall company vision.
- Help with recruiting new staff members when necessary.
- Create an environment that promotes great performance and positive morale.
- Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
- Work with senior stakeholders, chief financial officer, chief information officer, and other executives.
- Assure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Work with the executive board to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long term goals.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Over see day-to-day operation of the company.
- Work closely with the human resource department to ensure great hiring.
- Bachelor’s degree or master degree in a relevant discipline or MBA.
- Experience in a senior management position.
- Knowledge of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce.
- Understanding of human resources and personnel management.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
What is a CEO?
A CEO, or chief executive officer, is a company’s highest ranking executive. While the chief executive officer duties may vary by industry or between companies, the CEO is generally responsible for making decisions that impact the entire company. Add your CEO roles and responsibilities to our CEO job description sample to create a custom job advertisement for your organization.
Is this CEO job posting customizable?
When you advertise a CEO job, you should add details that let applicants know what you’re looking for and what the position will be like. Feel free to edit or add to our CEO job summary to get the CEO position description you need.
What should I include in my CEO job description and duties?
When you post a CEO job, you should highlight the CEO qualifications and skills you’d like to have in your next hire. Since this is a leadership role, you should look for someone who can handle the stress of CEO tasks and responsibilities. Add your details to our CEO job description template to create a CEO job advertisement that meets your organization’s needs.
Do you have interview questions for CEOs?
We have interview questions to go with all of our job descriptions.
After you have reviewed our CEO job description example and created a listing for the position at your organization, take a look at our CEO interview questions.