CFO Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a CFO to lead the company from a financial perspective. You will work alongside other C-Suite team members and take ownership of all company fiscal and regulatory matters. To do well in this role you should have experience as a CFO in a company with complex financials and an extensive balance sheet.
- Assisting with high-level decisions about policy and strategy.
- Helping with recruiting new staff members when necessary.
- Overseeing the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
- Assuring legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitoring compliance with laws and regulations.
- Identifying and addressing financial risks and opportunities for the company.
- Supervising the financial reporting and budgeting team.
- Reviewing financial reports for ways to reduce costs.
- Working well with the CMO, CEO, and COO to develop the strategic plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, master's degree, or MBA.
- Experience in a senior management position.
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management, and general finance and budgeting.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Experience with budget management, public accounting, and cash flow.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively, and delegate.