A CFO, or Chief Financial Officer, manages the company or organization’s finances and are responsible for financial reporting. They assess financial risks and opportunities and oversee and manage lower level financial managers. They also help set and track financial goals, objectives, and budgets.
CFO Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a CFO to lead the company from a financial perspective. You will work alongside other C-Suite team members and take ownership of all company fiscal and regulatory matters. To do well in this role you should have experience as a CFO in a company with complex financials and an extensive balance sheet.
- Assist with high-level decisions about policy and strategy.
- Help with recruiting new staff members when necessary.
- Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
- Assure legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Identify and address financial risks and opportunities for the company.
- Supervise financial reporting and budgeting team.
- Review financial reports for ways to reduce costs.
- Work well with Chief Marketing Officer, CEO, and COO to develop the strategic plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, master degree or MBA.
- Experience in a senior management position.
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Experience with budget management, public accounting, and cash flow.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
Post a CFO job ad to 100+ free job boards with one submission