Assistant Supervisors report to and assist company Supervisors to ensure that suitable employees are recruited and that staff remains motivated and productive. They monitor job performance, report productivity concerns to the Supervisor, and facilitate training sessions.
When interviewing Assistant Supervisors, look for candidates with demonstrable experience in training staff and working under a Supervisor. Be wary of candidates who lack experience in recruitment and those with limited knowledge of performance metrics.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Assistant Supervisors:
1. What would you say is the most difficult part of being an Assistant Supervisor?
Reveals whether the candidate’s knowledge and experience match the job requirements.
2. Can you explain your approach to measuring job performance?
Evaluates the candidate’s experience and knowledge of standard performance metrics.
3. Can you share tips you regularly use to recruit the perfect candidate for a job?
Tests industry experience and recruitment skills.
4. An employee queries a performance appraisal. How do you respond?
Demonstrates interpersonal skills, as well as whether the candidate responds in an appropriate manner.
5. Can you describe a time when you had great success with a training initiative?
Highlights the candidate's experience and training skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources