Operations Assistants work with Managers and other staff members to ensure that administrative tasks are completed and that the business functions efficiently. Depending on the industry, Operations Assistants can make phone calls, provide customer support, and complete paperwork.
Operations Assistant Job Description Template
We are searching for an organized self-starter to be our new Operations Assistant. The Operations Assistant's responsibilities include reporting directly to the Manager and fulfilling the Manager's duties in their absence. You should also be well-versed in internal operations, take minutes at meetings, forward and distribute mail as required, and prepare and file relevant documents.
To be successful as an Operations Assistant, you should possess excellent communication skills and be able to juggle multiple tasks. Top candidates will have strong organizational, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
Operations Assistant Responsibilities:
- Acting as second-in-command to the Manager, and taking care of all duties in their absence.
- Assisting the Manager with operational issues.
- Scheduling meetings and team building sessions as required.
- Promptly answering the questions of staff and other stakeholders.
- Providing excellent customer service and maintaining relationships with vendors.
- Preparing and filing forms and other documents.
- Assisting with recruitment and onboarding processes.
- Taking inventory and ordering office supplies as needed.
- Updating logs and order forms.
- Analyzing all operations and forwarding suggestions for improvement to the Manager.
Operations Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A relevant certificate may be required.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Additional courses in Business Writing and Elocution are advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superb organizational skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to learn.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources