Assistant Supervisors liaise between Senior Supervisors and other company employees. Their duties include performing administrative tasks, documenting procedures, and hiring and training staff. They are also required to monitor staff productivity and develop initiatives toward enhanced job performance.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Assistant Supervisor Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated and knowledgeable Assistant Supervisor to report to our Senior Supervisor. As an Assistant Supervisor, your duties will include recruiting new employees and conducting training sessions, monitoring job performance metrics, and relaying productivity concerns to the Supervisor. Your duties will also include developing training materials.
To be successful as an Assistant Supervisor, you should exhibit extensive experience in optimizing the job performance of employees under the supervision of a Senior Supervisor. Top-notch Assistant Supervisors are experts in training and motivating employees toward achieving a company's goals.
Assistant Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Supervisor or other senior managers as required.
- Liaising between the Supervisor and other employees.
- Hiring and training new employees.
- Developing training materials and conducting training sessions and workshops.
- Establishing business knowledge and awareness of shared company goals.
- Monitoring both individual and team job performance metrics.
- Providing staff with technical guidance and assistance.
- Relaying productivity concerns to the Supervisor.
- Preparing job descriptions and work schedules.
- Assisting with other administrative tasks, when required.
Assistant Supervisor Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, HR Management, or similar.
- 2-5 years' experience in a similar Assistant Supervisor role.
- Ability to create candidate hiring profiles and to appoint suitable staff.
- Extensive experience in compiling training materials and facilitating training.
- Ability to enhance business knowledge among company employees.
- Experience in liaising between management and employees.
- Exceptional ability to motivate employees and foster teamwork.
- Proficiency in monitoring and reporting job performance metrics.
- Advanced knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Prezi.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources